Customs, VAT, and Goods Movement (including HMRC webinars and resources)
Things to consider when you appoint a customs intermediary: A new resource has been produced covering things that you need to consider when appointing a customs intermediary.
Webinar: Exporting: what you need to do to keep your goods moving: An overview of the actions you need to take now before you export goods from Great Britain to the EU and move goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Key processes include – zero-rated VAT, customs declarations, using an intermediary as well as licences, certificates, and authorisations. Please register here
Webinar: Customs Import Declarations: an overview: If your business or a business you represent, needs to make customs import declarations on goods you’ve imported since 1 January, our webinar helps you to understand what’s needed for simplified declarations, supplementary declarations, and delayed import declarations. Please register here
Webinar: Trader responsibilities when using an intermediary: This webinar explains your responsibilities as a trader, if you choose to use an intermediary to complete import or export declarations for your business. These are complex and an intermediary can save you a lot of time. Please register here
Webinar: Importing: what you need to know about staged controls: This webinar takes you through the three stages of the new border controls introduced from 1 January 2021, and what actions you need to take for each stage. Please register here
- HMRC’s YouTube channel to familiarise yourself with the new customs processes and what you need to do before you trade goods with the EU
- use the trader checklist to make sure you’re familiar with the new rules that affect you
- use updated guides to understand the new customs and VAT requirements when moving goods between the UK and EU countries
- ask and get answers to specific questions about HMRC processes for importing or exporting, by visiting HMRC’s customer forums
- watch webinars and videos from other government departments to support you
Find out what you need to do if you start and end transit movements in Northern Ireland using common and Union transit.
This page has been updated with information about what to do from 5 April 2021 when moving goods using transit in Northern Ireland.
Reminder: Trader Support Service if moving goods between GB and Northern Ireland, sign up and use the TSS’ suite of educational products – including online training modules and webinars for support with the Northern Ireland Protocol
Rest of World trade