The Giftware Association AGM and members day is just around the corner featuring a day of education, networking, and fun. The event will be held on the 20th June at the Mockingbird Cinema, in the heart of the creative quarter of Digbeth, Birmingham, a fitting area for our industry. Timings for the day will start from 10.30am and approx finish at 3.30pm
The theme surrounding this year’s members’ day will focus on preparing your business to be fit for the future, whether that means keeping up to date with the latest compliance and regulations or your journey to introducing your product range to market. We will have the experts, competition winners and member companies talking about their experiences in the home and giftware world. We will also be appointing our new Chairperson.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided, networking with your industry peers as well as a wealth of knowledge shared with you, and we are even offering you a treat and a chance to sit back and relax at the end of the day with a discounted screening of a new film,Studio 54: the Documentary. Please note this will be charged separately on the day, for only £3.
Tickets to the event will be £25 only for members and £50 for non-members.
The schedule for the day is as follows:
· Gather between 10am and 11am, with pastries and hot drinks provided;
· At 11am, the formal AGM will begin, including the election of a new chair of the National Committee, and a report from the current chair;
· From around 11.20 until noon, our headline speaker Michael Wheedon will be speaking about retail performance;
· Lunch will be served between noon and 1pm;
· In the afternoon, three panel debates set to end not long after 3pm:
o Compliance (CDPR, cybersecurity, CE marking);
o The Value of Industry Awards;
o Routes to Market: Futureproofing your Business
· After a networking break, the film will be shown at 4pm.
As ever, this is your members’ day, and we would like to make sure we have tailored our content to suit your needs. Feel free to let us know if there are any specific questions or topics within the panel debates that you think are particularly important.
The rest of the day will feature panels allowing you to ask experts and fellow members your questions on topics such as GDPR, Marketing and PR, entry to Amazon and the importance of entering industry awards. Make sure to book your place now.